Between dangerous voter suppression and ‘predatory’ fundraising tactics, Republicans have made one thing clear: they don’t think they can win without cheating.
The Republican National Committee has a long documented history of preying on donors, scamming them out of thousands of dollars, and they haven’t slowed down one bit.
Daily Beast: The RNC Is Ramping Up Its ‘Predatory’ Fundraising Machine
- “Just this week, the RNC sent out text messages and emails to Republican supporters alerting them that their ‘payment status’ was ‘incomplete,’ seeming to masquerade a fundraising request as an unpaid bill. And emails on Monday from the RNC draw on the same theme, using the words ‘FINAL NOTICE’ in the header to implore donors to activate a ‘lifetime membership.’”
- “The tactics are an extension of dubious fundraising schemes Republicans deployed in 2020, both before and after the election. In late December, Trump pushed out an email similar to the RNC’s recent ‘payment status incomplete’ blasts.”
RawStory: RNC scamming their own donors with shady solicitations: ‘These are predatory tactics’
- “The Republican National Committee is preying on its own donors with dubious and duplicitous fundraising schemes.”
- “The new messages resemble shady schemes Republicans used in the last election cycle, including a late December email Donald Trump pushed out as he fought to overturn his loss.”
New York Times: How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations
- “What the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed.”
- “Soon, banks and credit card companies were inundated with fraud complaints from the president’s own supporters about donations they had not intended to make, sometimes for thousands of dollars.”