ICYMI: Local Coverage of GOP Saying No to Affordable Insulin
Over the weekend, while Senate Democrats passed the Inflation Reduction Act, legislation that lowers costs for families and fights inflation, Senate Republicans voted against making prescription drug prices like insulin cheaper for American families. After blocking bills that would prevent oil companies from price gouging, make baby formula more available, and help lower costs, Senate Republicans have shown once again that they are more interested in siding with big pharma than the American people.
Across the country, headlines are slamming ultra-MAGA Republicans who voted against lowering costs for this essential, life-saving care:
- In Arkansas: Arkansas Times: Cheaper insulin for Americans? Tom Cotton and John Boozman say no
- In Idaho: Idaho Statesman Editorial: Use insulin? Idaho’s senators just left you out to dry. Thank them for your next bill
- In Illinois: ABC7 Eyewitness News Chicago: Republicans strip $35 insulin price cap from Inflation Reduction Act — but insist Senate rules are to blame
- In Iowa: Des Moines Register: Grassley, Ernst opposed Inflation Reduction Act, which includes Democrats’ plan to cap insulin prices
- In Iowa: KCCI Des Moines: Iowa senators block efforts to cap insulin prices through Inflation Reduction Act
- In Kansas: Kansas Reflector: Marshall, Moran vote against Democrats’ economic legislation after marathon debate
- In Missouri: St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Editorial: GOP opposition to climate-and-drug bill highlights party’s twisted priorities
- In North Carolina: Raleigh News & Observer: NC Sens. Tillis, Burr face backlash for insulin vote in Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act
- In North Dakota: WZFG: GOP Senators block Democrats attempt to cap Insulin costs for most Americans
- In Ohio: Columbus Dispatch: Rob Portman votes to strike down insulin cap as U.S. Senate Democrats pass spending bill
- In South Dakota: Dakota News Now: How the Senate’s insulin cap rejection affects S.D. diabetes patients
- In Tennessee: News Channel 5 Nashville: ‘It would mean life:’ Fight to cap cost of insulin continues for Tennesseans
- In Tennessee: Brentwood HomePage: Blackburn, Hagerty vote against Inflation Reduction Act, though bill passes in Senate
- In Texas: Reform Austin: Cruz, Cornyn Help Kill $35 Insulin Price Cap
- In Wisconsin: Spectrum News: Senate Republicans voted against a cap on out-of-pocket insulin costs for Americans on private insurance.
The post ICYMI: Local Coverage of GOP Saying No to Affordable Insulin appeared first on Democrats.