In the states this week, the DNC launched a Defend Choice Week of Action to mobilize volunteers and engage voters around Republicans’ efforts to ban abortion nationwide following the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
- National: Associated Press: DNC ads warn voters that GOP wants nationwide abortion ban
As part of the Week of Action, the DNC launched a six-figure TV ad buy in states across the country to highlight comments from Republicans on banning abortion and directs viewers to get involved in the fight to protect abortion access at DefendChoice.org – an online hub where volunteers can easily connect with the coordinated field campaign in their state, sign up to make calls or send texts through Democrats’ national distributed organizing program, and share their own personal story about the importance of protecting reproductive rights.
- National: NBC News: DNC launches ad highlighting GOP plans for further abortion restrictions
- National: MSNBC: MSNBC: New DNC Ad on GOP’s Plans on Abortion Restrictions
- In Colorado: Colorado Politics: National Democrats air Colorado TV ad ripping Republicans for ‘celebrating’ Roe’s demise
- In North Carolina: My Fox 8: Democrats launch North Carolina TV ads to attack Republicans’ comments on abortion
- In Georgia: The Atlanta Journal Constitution’s The Jolt
- In Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital-Star’s Thursday Coffee
- In Wisconsin: UpNorthNews: Want to Fight for Abortion Rights? Here’s One Way to Get Involved.
In the states, Democrats across the country have been holding events this week to mobilize voters around Republicans’ extreme anti-choice agenda as part of the Week of Action.
- In Georgia: 13WMAZ: Georgia Democrats urge voters to choose candidates who will protect abortion access
- In Georgia: 41NBC: Georgia Democrats concerned for women’s rights following Roe v. Wade overturn
- In Georgia: WGXA: Middle Georgia Democrats speak out on abortion access as elections loom
- In Georgia: Macon Telegraph: Middle Georgia Democrats speak out regarding Georgia’s abortion laws
- In Florida: WSVN: Democrats Rally for Reproductive Rights, Call Out DeSantis
- In Florida: WFOR: Democrats Demand Abortion Response from Governor DeSantis
- In Florida: WTVJ: Florida Democrats Challenge Desantis, Demand Answers on Reproductive Rights
- In Florida: WFLX: Democrats Launch “DeSantis Owes Us Answers” Tour
- In Florida: Telemundo Miami: Protestan Fallo De La Corte Suprema Sobre Aborto
- In Michigan: ABC Grand Rapids: MI Democrats host “Defend Choice” Rally
- In Michigan: The Gander: Michigan Democrats Host “Defend Choice” Week of Action, DNC Launches New TV Ad in Michigan
- In North Carolina: ABC 11: North Carolina Democrats Say Reproductive Rights are on the Line
- In Pennsylvania: CBS21: Reproductive Rights Are On The Line In This Next Election
- In Pennsylvania: KYW Radio: PA Dems Defend Choice Week of Action Press Call
- In Wisconsin: WISN: Governor’s Race | Abortion Rights
- In Wisconsin: NBC Madison: Gov. Evers Attends ‘Defend Choice’ Event
- In Wisconsin: WORT: State Dems Mobilize Voters After The Fall Of Roe
- In Wisconsin: The Cap Times: Evers, Kleefisch spar over abortion restrictions in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin: ABC Madison: Evers is a Firewall for Abortion Rights
- In Wisconsin: CBS Milwaukee: Evers Slams GOP Over Abortion Policies
Meanwhile, on Monday, local leaders from across the country joined President Biden and Vice President Harris at the White House to celebrate the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, which is the most significant legislation to reduce gun violence in the last 30 years.
- In Arizona: KTAR: Biden praises Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona for work on landmark gun violence legislation
- In California: ABC 30: Biden celebrates passage of gun law at White House; families affected by shootings attend
- In Connecticut: The News-Times: Sandy Hook families at White House gun reform celebration; ‘We have finally moved that mountain’
- In Florida: WTSP: Tampa mayor, police chief joined Biden to celebrate gun violence reduction legislation
- In Illinois: NBC Chicago: Pritzker, Highland Park Mayor in Attendance as Biden Signs New Gun Law
- In Minnesota: CBS 3 Duluth: Duluth gun safety advocate attends Biden’s historic bill signing
- In Missouri: St. Louis Post-Dispatch: St. Louis mayor joins Biden, others to tout new federal gun law
- In Oregon: KOIN: Years after family tragedy, local woman witnesses gun legislation passed
- In South Carolina: Charleston City Paper: Biden signs gun safety law that Charlestonians say will save lives
- In Texas: San Antonio Express-News: Uvalde doctor who treated kids shot at Robb Elementary speaks as Biden touts historic gun law
- In Wisconsin: Spectrum News: Biden celebrates gun safety law, repeats call for ban on semi-automatic weapons
The post IN THE STATES: DNC Launches Defend Choice Week Of Action appeared first on Democrats.