IN THE STATES: DNC Makes New Investments in Democrats Across the Country
In the states this week, the DNC announced new investments in Democratic state parties across the country, which will fund state-specific programs for organizing, field, and voter protection to help Democratic candidates compete up and down the ballot this November.
- In Tennessee: The Chattanoogan: DNC Funds New Tennessee Democratic Party Organizing Director
- In South Dakota: DRG News: DNC funds new South Dakota Democratic Party Field Director
- In South Dakota: Argus Leader: As Democratic numbers continue to shrink in South Dakota, the DNC is sending help
- In North Dakota: Minot Daily News: DNC funds new ND Democratic-NPL organizer
- In Virginia: Virginia Scope: The DNC is investing in a voter protection operation across Virginia
- In Louisiana: The Advocate: National Democrats pitch in to help struggling state party
- In Massachusetts: Politico Massachusetts Playbook: Good Thursday Morning Massachusetts
Also this week, local headlines continued to highlight House Republicans’ vote against a bill to address the baby formula shortage and the GOP plan that could end the Medicare and Social Security guarantee, while Democrats continue working to get formula on shelves and cut costs.
- In Wisconsin: Milwaukee Courier: Democrats Blast Republicans on Lack of Response to Baby Formula Crisis
- In Wisconsin: Up North News: The Infant Formula Crisis That Wisconsin’s Congressional Republicans Voted Against Addressing Is Getting Worse
- In Georgia: HHJ Online: Mothers, Georgia Democrats Discuss Formula Shortage
- In Michigan: Trib Live: Kathi Boyle: GOP agenda dangerous for area seniors
The Biden-Harris administration announced the first four states to receive broadband funding from the American Rescue Plan’s $10 billion Capital Projects Fund, which will help bring down internet costs and ultimately expand access to affordable high speed internet for the millions of Americans who currently lack it.
- In New Hampshire: WMUR: New Hampshire to receive $50 million for high-speed internet access
- In New Hampshire: New Hampshire Union Leader: $50 million headed to NH to bring high-speed internet to rural communities
- In West Virginia: The Intelligencer: West Virginia Among First States Approved for ARPA Broadband Funding
- In West Virginia: West Virginia Public Broadcasting: West Virginia Receives $136 Million To Expand Broadband
- In Virginia: Virginia Mercury: Virginia, other states win federal grants to expand affordable high-speed internet
- In Virginia: Richmond Times-Dispatch: Virginia to receive $220 million federal grant to expand broadband networks for high-speed internet
- In Louisiana: KALB: Louisiana to Receive $176.7 million through American Rescue Plan to increase access to affordable, high-speed internet
- In Louisiana: The Advocate: More than 88,000 Louisiana homes, businesses to gain high-speed internet with new federal funding
Democrats’ American Rescue Plan continued to cut costs and put money back in people’s pockets in other ways as well, from helping to make housing more affordable to lowering water bills, while President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law is making investments that will bolster supply chains.
- In Arizona: The Center Square: Arizona Department of Education sends $15.3 million to help low-income students
- In Idaho: Bonner County Daily Bee: HUD: Idaho will be part of push to build more affordable housing
- In Michigan: The Livingston Post: Slotkin joins local leaders, internet provider to launch American Rescue Plan-funded rural broadband project
- In Minnesota: KIMT: State giving nearly $3 million to Minnesota child care providers
- In New Jersey: My Central Jersey: Plainfield pays off $1 million in water bills for struggling residents
- In Pennsylvania: PennWatch: Pennsylvania Invests $16.4 Million in Local Rail Infrastructure Projects
- In Texas: KERA News: Collin County commissioners formalize redistribution of emergency rental assistance funds
- In Virginia: The Virginian-Pilot: Portsmouth is handing out $500 gift cards to low-income households this summer
- In West Virginia: WCHSTV: Kanawha commission: County receives nearly $17.3M more in American Rescue Plan funding
- In Wisconsin: Channel 3000: Evers announces federal funding for 40 infrastructure projects
The post IN THE STATES: DNC Makes New Investments in Democrats Across the Country appeared first on Democrats.