This week, President Biden hit the road to highlight how Democrats are delivering for the American people and call out MAGA Republican extremism. Last night in Philadelphia, the president called out MAGA Republican officials’ attacks on democracy and rallied the country around protecting the soul of the nation. And in Wilkes-Barre Tuesday, President Biden emphasized that while MAGA Republicans voted against funding that has benefited law enforcement, Democrats are investing in making our communities safer.
Here’s what Pennsylvanians were reading this week about President Biden’s visits:
- 6 ABC: Biden attacks Trump and MAGA Republicans as threat to American democracy
- Pennsylvania Capital-Star: Sounding the alarm on extremism, Biden says ‘MAGA Republicans’ pose threat to democracy
- Philadelphia Inquirer: In Philly, Biden warns ‘MAGA Republicans’ are threatening democracy
- Pennsylvania Capital-Star: Biden touts public safety policy in visit to Wilkes-Barre
- WGAL: Biden touts Safer America Plan during visit to Wilkes-Barre
- PA Homepage: President Biden delivers remarks in Northeast PA
- Wilkes-Barre Times Leader: ‘We beat the NRA … And I’ll do it again’
Meanwhile, local headlines across the country called out MAGA Republicans for trying to hide their extreme positions on abortion – or straight up lying about them.
- In Arizona: ABC15: As the election draws near Arizona voters consider the importance of reproductive rights
- In California: Los Angeles Times: Facing voter backlash, California Republicans recalibrate their antiabortion stance
- In Colorado: 9News: Republican candidate in CD-8 scrubbed abortion stance from her website
- In Iowa: Iowa Starting Line: Zach Nunn Keeps Changing His Position On Abortion
- In Michigan: WILX: Abortion is larger issue in Michigan ahead of mid-term election
- In North Carolina: WGHP: Republican candidates Bo Hines, Ted Budd change move pro-life, Trump positions on campaign pages
- In North Carolina: WNCN: GOP candidates change messaging on abortion
Thanks to President Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act, CHIPS and Science Act, and his Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, companies from coast to coast announced plans to create thousands of new manufacturing jobs this week.
- In Arizona: Daily Independent: Corning bringing fiber-optic plant to Gilbert as part of regional initiatives
- In Idaho: KTVB 7: Micron to build new memory fab in Boise, first for U.S. in 20 years
- In Ohio: ABC Toledo: First Solar Announces $185 Million Expansion For NW Ohio Factories
In addition, local news in North Carolina was full of headlines about Vice President Harris’s trip to Durham to discuss how the Inflation Reduction Act will cut costs and make health care more accessible and affordable, including the price of prescription drugs.
- News & Observer: Health care bill will cut costs and improve access, Kamala Harris tells Durham seniors
- Spectrum News: Vice President Harris touts prescription drug cost caps in NC visit
- WRAL News: ‘A right – not a privilege’: Kamala Harris announces future caps on drug costs in Durham visit
- WTVD: VP Harris visits Durham to tout Inflation Reduction Act
- WUNC: Kamala Harris to Durham seniors: Cheaper prescriptions are coming
The post IN THE STATES: Local News, Biden Call Out GOP Extremism appeared first on Democrats.