IN THE STATES: President Biden and Dems Close Out Historic Year
In the states this week, local news highlighted President Biden’s leadership on the world stage and how his economic plan is providing relief right before the holidays by lowering costs and helping generate a record number of good-paying jobs — yet another example of how the Biden-Harris administration has delivered for working families this year.
Earlier this week, President Biden welcomed Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to the United States ahead of his address to Congress. Here are a couple of examples of what people are reading on their front pages about the historic visit:
Local headlines also showed gas prices dropping to the lowest level since July 2021. The results speak for themselves: President Biden worked to help lower gas prices, and now Americans are paying less at the pump, just in time for holiday travel.
- In Arizona: Arizona’s Family: Arizona gas prices drop just in time for holiday road trippers
- In California: NBC Bay Area: Watch: Bay Area Gas Prices at 18-Month Low
- In Colorado: The Gazette: Ho Ho Ho: Colorado Springs gas prices plunge to 21-month low
- In Delaware: WBRC: A welcome gift ahead of the holidays, gas prices dropping
- In Florida: WFSU: Holiday travelers will see lower gas prices in Florida
- In Hawaii: Maui Now: Gas prices in Hawaiʻi dropped to lowest levels since March
- In Illinois: News Channel 20: Gas prices down in Illinois according to GasBuddy
- In Utah: KJZZ: Utah County enjoying lower gas prices as holiday travel ramps up
- In West Virginia: 12 WBOY: West Virginia gas reaches pre-Ukraine invasion prices
- In Wisconsin: Beloit Daily News: Beloit, Janesville area travelers greeted by lower gas prices for holidays
Also this week, local headlines are highlighting how President Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act is combating climate change by helping the U.S. Postal Service purchase a new fleet of electric vehicles.
- In Virginia: WUSA9: U.S. Postal Service is buying 66,000 electric vehicles
- In Kentucky: WDRB: US Postal Service to purchase one of the largest fleets of electric vehicles in the US
- In Michigan: WILX 10: $3B secured in Inflation Reduction Act to help Postal Service increase electric vehicle fleet
- In Oklahoma: KTEN: US Postal Service fulfills top Biden climate goal with deployment of 66,000 electric delivery trucks
- In Pennsylvania: WFMZ: USPS To Purchase 66,000 Electric Vehicles by 2028
Finally, President Biden and Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act and Bipartisan Infrastructure Law are providing much-needed upgrades to infrastructure in states across the country, combating climate change along the way.
- In Arizona: Arizona Republic: 2 Arizona border towns receive millions of dollars to modernize their ports of entry
- In Florida: CBS Miami: Port Everglades received multi-million dollar federal grant for revitalization program
- In Montana: NBC Montana: USDA invests $165K for critical infrastructure in Montana
- In New Jersey: The Trentonian: Biden-Harris Administration Awards Over $6 Million to New Jersey in ‘Internet for All’ Grants
- In Pennsylvania: CNN: Pittsburgh’s Fern Hollow Bridge to reopen less than one year after collapse with help from Biden’s infrastructure law
- In Rhode Island: Providence Journal: Thinking of upgrading your heating system? Federal dollars on the way
- In Utah: Deseret News: How Biden’s infrastructure law benefits Utah, Western states
- In Washington: The Northern Light: Over $1 million contract awarded for Pacific Highway expansion project
The post IN THE STATES: President Biden and Dems Close Out Historic Year appeared first on Democrats.