President Biden and Vice President Harris made local news yesterday as they convened the Task Force on Reproductive Health Access and outlined new steps their administration is taking to protect reproductive rights for women across the country.
- In Arizona: KGUN: President Biden Introduces 2 New Measures to Boost Patients’ Protections for Abortion Care
- In California: KNTV: 100 Days After Dobbs, President Biden Protects Access to Abortion
- In Florida: WFLA: President Biden Protects Abortion Access at the Federal Level
- In North Carolina: ABC 11: Biden expands access to reproductive care in NC 100 days after Roe v. Wade overturned
- In Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Biden says he’s not going to ‘sit by’ and let Republicans enact ‘extreme policies’ on reproductive rights
Meanwhile, extreme Republicans are still making headlines for pushing abortion bans at the local and national level that would bar women from making their own health care choices:
- In Michigan: Michigan Advance: Report: GOP-led Legislature spends more than $180K defending Michigan’s 1931 abortion ban
- In Minnesota: Star Tribune: DFL calls GOP attorney general nominee Schultz’s history on abortion dangerous to Minnesotans
- In Wisconsin: CBS 58: GOP lawmakers object allowing voters to repeal abortion ban, Democrats rally for abortion access
- In Wisconsin: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Attorney general candidate Eric Toney doesn’t rule out prosecuting abortion in cases of rape, incest
The post LOCAL NEWS: As GOP Pushes to Ban Abortion, Biden-Harris Administration Focuses on Defending Choice appeared first on Democrats.