Democracy hangs in the balance as the extreme Republican candidate would oversee an election process she doesn’t support
LANSING – If elected, conspiracy theorist Kristina Karamo could end up overseeing Michigan’s election system, an especially troubling prospect given the GOP candidate’s disregard for the democratic process and her inexperience in elected office.
Karamo’s statements denying the outcome of a free and fair election in the November 2020 general election is one of many bizarre claims she has made even before she started campaigning to be the Secretary of State. A Top 10 list of the extreme claims Kristina Karamo has made:
- Insurrectionists who started a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 were members of the anarchist group Antifa disguised as supporters of former President Trump.
- Members of the LGBTQ community, as well as those who have sex outside of marriage, “violate God’s creative design.”
- Schools should not teach evolution.
- It is wrong to teach children that some people have two mothers or two fathers, because doing so is just an opportunity to talk to young people about gay sex.
- Beyoncé is trying to lure Black people into paganism.
- Singers Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish are putting children “under a satanic delusion.”
- Cardi B is a “tool of Lucifer because she peddles filth in the culture.”
- Churches that fly rainbow flags are agents of Satan.
- Transgender women trying to play women’s sports are “mentally ill adults playing dress up.”
- Schools are becoming government indoctrination camps.
“Kristina Karamo is an absolute threat to democracy in Michigan,” said Lavora Barnes, chair of the Michigan Democratic Party. “In an election year with many extreme Republicans candidates positioning for a spot on the ballot in Michigan, Kristina Karamo may be among the most dangerous. Our state cannot afford to have someone in charge of elections who doesn’t believe in elections. It may be easy to dismiss her claims, but Democrats are continuing to work hard so voters understand the high stakes of this election and that they shouldn’t vote for a candidate more committed to conspiracies than constituents.”
The post MDP: Kristina Karamo may be the most dangerous person on the Michigan ballot appeared first on Michigan Democratic Party.