Yesterday, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel spoke at a Wisconsin office opening where she proclaimed her support for Senator Ron Johnson stating: “I’m a big fan of Ron. He’s a friend of mine.” Our question for the RNC is what is their chairwoman a big fan of?
Is it Ron Johnson’s commitment to spreading COVID misinformation?
- CNN: “Under the guise of ‘just asking the questions,’ Republican Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin spread anti-vaccine misinformation on a right-wing radio show Thursday, questioning why efforts were being made to vaccinate the general US population, especially young people and those who had previously been infected with Covid-19.”
- Wisconsin Examiner: “Johnson pushes Ivermectin and vaccine conspiracies despite federal warning”
What about his choice words on climate change?
- CNN: “GOP Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to GOP luncheon that climate change is ‘bullsh*t’”
- The Hill: “‘Mankind has actually flourished in warmer temperatures,’ Johnson said in 2016. ‘I just think the question always is what is the cost versus the benefit of anything we do to try and clean up our environment.’”
Or his blatant racism and lies about the insurrection on January 6?
- Politico: “Ron Johnson says he didn’t feel threatened Jan. 6. If BLM or Antifa stormed Capitol, he ‘might have.’”
- The Hill: “Ron Johnson: Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a largely ‘peaceful protest’”
So what is it about Senator Ron Johnson, Ronna? What exactly are you such a big fan of?