RNC Makes January 6 The New Litmus Test For Republicans
Legitimate. Political. Discourse. These are the words top Republican leaders used to describe the deadly January 6 assault on our Capitol where Trump incited a violent mob to attack the Capitol and assault police officers to try to overturn an election.
Last week, the Republican National Committee labeled these attacks “legitimate political discourse” setting the stage for a clear litmus test for any Republican running for office.
Let’s be clear. Nothing about January 6 was “legitimate political discourse.” Every single congressional Republican needs to answer for whether or not they agree that January 6 was legitimate.
- New York Times – Opinion: When the Storming of the Capitol Becomes ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’
- ABC News: Top GOP lawmaker won’t condemn calling events of Jan. 6 ‘legitimate political discourse’
- AZ Central – Opinion: Are you a Republican? If so, take this yes or no quiz on ‘legitimate political discourse’
- CNN: In censure of Cheney and Kinzinger, RNC calls events of January 6 ‘legitimate political discourse’
- The Guardian: Republican party calls January 6 attack ‘legitimate political discourse’
The post RNC Makes January 6 The New Litmus Test For Republicans appeared first on Democrats.