You read that right. President Biden’s announcement that the U.S. will donate half a billion vaccines to help supercharge the global fight against the pandemic has earned such wide praise that even Republicans have joined the chorus. After Trump destroyed America’s global standing, President Biden is hard at work restoring America on the international stage and earning bipartisan praise for it.
- Wall Street Journal Editorial Board: “Two Cheers for Biden’s Vaccine Donation”
- Washington Post’s Michael Gerson: “A good friend, and no Biden fan, just wrote me, ‘It makes me proud to be an American.’ I like having that feeling again.”
- The Hill: “GOP senators applaud Biden for global vaccine donation plans”
- Senator Lindsey Graham: “I support the effort of the Biden Administration to donate vaccines to at-risk populations throughout the world and hope other countries will follow America’s lead. I believe this to be a good investment by the American taxpayer.”
- Senator Ben Sasse: “Health diplomacy is a smart investment and buying these vaccines is the right move. America should have an aggressive strategy to vaccinate a billion people around the world this year.”
- Senator Mitt Romney: “The Administration’s announcement of donating 500 million COVID vaccines to countries in desperate need is exactly the role the U.S. should be playing in this global pandemic. I spoke with @StateDept this morning, and they understand the urgency of the global vaccination effort.”