This week, President Biden gave a speech in Virginia to highlight how Democrats’ economic plan is delivering for working families while MAGA Republicans push an agenda of raising taxes on the middle class, protecting billionaire tax cheats, and putting America’s financial stability on the line to try to force cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
- Washington Post: Biden hails economic progress, warns of chaos if GOP policies prevail
- CNN: Biden warns of economic ‘chaos’ proposed by ‘MAGA Republicans’
Also this week, headlines touted how President Biden and Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act — which every single Republican in Congress voted against — is capping insulin prices for Medicare beneficiaries at $35 a month and lowering out-of-pocket health care costs for people who need it most.
- In Connecticut: CT Insider: Monthly savings on insulin expected for Medicare enrollees
- In North Carolina: News Channel 12: Changes to health care costs in 2023 for seniors enrolled in Medicare
- In Ohio: Cleveland Plain Dealer: Ohioans on Medicare will save more than $36 million yearly on insulin under new law, feds predict
- In Pennsylvania: FOX 56: Senator Casey highlights savings from the Reduction Inflation act
- In Virginia: Fox News: Opinion | Spanberger | I voted for the Inflation Reduction Act and it’s already saving Americans money
- In Wisconsin: The Press Times: Local seniors discuss impact of new healthcare provisions
And news broke this week that President Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act is bringing new manufacturing jobs to Nevada.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal: Tesla spending $3.6B to build electric trucks in Northern Nevada
- Reno Gazette Journal: Tesla to build $3.6 billion battery, electric semi truck manufacturing facility in Northern Nevada
In Florida, Vice President Harris delivered a speech on what would have been the 50th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade to highlight how Democrats are fighting to protect the right to choose in the face of GOP attacks.
- Florida Times-Union: Harris rallies against GOP push to roll back abortion rights
- Miami Herald: Reproductive rights a measure of freedom, Kamala Harris tells Florida on Roe anniversary
- South Florida Sun Sentinel: Kamala Harris rallies Florida abortion-rights supporters on Roe anniversary
Meanwhile, across the country, Republicans continue to push their extreme stances on abortion, threatening a woman’s right to make her own health care decisions.
- In North Carolina: WCNC: NC doctor files lawsuit challenging abortion pill restrictions
- In South Carolina: WLTX: House committee hears public testimony on near total abortion ban bill
- In South Dakota: KELOLAND: South Dakota Gov. Noem threatens charges for abortion pills
- In Virginia: Virginia Public Media: Virginia Democrats reject three abortion restriction bills
The post IN THE STATES: Biden Grows Economy While GOP Attacks Social Security, Medicare appeared first on Democrats.