In the states this week, headlines from Arizona to Vermont highlighted President Biden signing Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act into law, meaning millions of American families can expect lower costs on prescription drugs, home energy, and more, as well as more good-paying jobs — no thanks to a single Republican in Congress.
DNC Chair Jaime Harrison hit local TV stations this week to talk about how people across the states will benefit.
- In Arizona: News 4 Tucson: DNC Chair Jaime Harrison: Inflation Reduction Act is a “Big Deal for Arizonans”
- In Florida: WTXL: DNC Chair on Inflation Reduction Act: “Big Win” for Floridians
- In Georgia: WRBL: “It’s going to save lives,” DNC Chairman details how the Inflation Reduction Act benefits Columbus locals
- In Pennsylvania: NBC 10: DNC Chair Jaime Harrison Touts Inflation Reduction Act Benefits in Pennsylvania
- In Wisconsin: Spectrum News: Could the Inflation Reduction Act impact how much Wisconsinites pay for energy?
Here’s what else voters in the states read about the Inflation Reduction Act this week:
- In Arizona: ABC15: Inflation Reduction Act is ‘good news for all of us,’ Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego says
- In Arizona: Blog for Arizona: Arizona Democratic Party Reacts to President Biden Signing the Inflation Reduction Act
- In California: Los Angeles Times: The Inflation Reduction Act is now law. What it will do for Californians
- In Florida: Florida Politics: Millions of Florida residents reap health benefits from Inflation Reduction Act, feds say
- In Florida: Miami Herald: President Biden and the Democrats have come through for working-class Americans
- In Georgia: CBS46: White House: Inflation Reduction Act will cap drug costs, premiums for thousands of Georgians
- In Georgia: Local News 3: Georgia Democrats Tout Inflation Reduction Act Benefits for State
- In Iowa: Des Moines Register: Opinion: Iowans want health care focused on patients, not politics, and Democrats are delivering
- In Iowa: The Gazette: Democrats say new law will lower drug costs for seniors
- In Maryland: WBAL: Sen. Chris Van Hollen promotes benefits of Inflation Reduction Act for older individuals
- In Michigan: MLive: $40B from federal bill could bolster Michigan farms’ climate efforts
- In Michigan: Michigan Public Radio: Stabenow, Slotkin highlight Inflation Reduction Act in Lansing
- In Nevada: Las Vegas Review-Journal: Biden signs sweeping health, climate and tax bill with perks for Nevadans
- In New Jersey: The Star-Ledger: Rebates, tax credits, electric cars & more. What Biden’s new climate law means for N.J. and you.
- In North Carolina: Cardinal and Pine: Here’s How the Inflation Reduction Act Helps North Carolina Families
- In Oklahoma: KOCO: Democrats on Capitol Hill pass legislation to help Oklahomans deal with high inflation
- In Oregon: The Chronicle: Victory Lap: Oregon scores with Inflation Reduction Act
- In Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Capital Star: How will the Inflation Reduction Act help Pa. fight climate change? | Thursday Morning Coffee
- In Texas: WFAA: Houston Congressman says Texans will benefit from “Inflation Reduction Act” for years to come
- In Vermont: WCAX: Welch says Inflation Reduction Act will help Vermonters
- In Wisconsin: KWOW: Inflation Reduction Act Brings Down Health Care Costs
Meanwhile, despite the fact that the Inflation Reduction Act will lower costs, fight inflation, and create good-paying jobs here in America, Republicans sided with Big Pharma and Big Oil over the American people, as not a single congressional Republican voted for the new law. Since then, they’ve been busy spreading misinformation about the law — and getting called out for it in local news across the country.
- In Iowa: Des Moines Register: Iowa’s Republicans vote against, Democrat Cindy Axne votes for Inflation Reduction Act
- In Mississippi: Mississippi Free Press: Fact Checking Mississippi Leaders’ Claims About Inflation Reduction Act
- In North Carolina: Carol and Pine: Op-Ed: Ted Budd ‘Chose Corporations Over Families’ By Voting Against Climate Change Bil
- In Ohio: 10TV: No, the Inflation Reduction Act doesn’t raise income taxes on the middle class
The post IN THE STATES: Biden Signs Inflation Reduction Act to Lower Costs appeared first on Democrats.