In the states this week, as MAGA Republicans continue to push for abortion bans, even in cases of rape or incest, Democrats, health care professionals, and community leaders across the country are calling them out for their dangerous and extreme agenda. The message coming from Americans is clear: The right to choose is on the ballot this November and we need to elect Democrats to protect it.
- In Florida: The News-Press: Guest opinion: DeSantis, Republicans want to roll back our reproductive rights even further
- In Iowa: Cedar Rapids Gazette: Hinson doesn’t value Iowans’ freedoms
- In Kentucky: Lexington Herald Leader: Op-ed: If you oppose abortion, don’t get one. But politicians should not be the ones to decide.
- In Maryland: The Baltimore Sun: Overturning Roe is just the start of the latest war on women; here’s how to fight back
- In New Hampshire: The Keene Sentinel: Guest Opinion: Granite Staters deserve abortion support and options
- In New Hampshire: New Hampshire Bulletin: Commentary: The decision to end a pregnancy is a medical conversation, not a legal or political one
- In North Carolina: The Charlotte Observer: Editorial: NC Republican hits a shameful low in justifying Supreme Court abortion ruling
- In Pennsylvania: The Citizens’ Voice: Post-Roe, Pennsylvanians must defend abortion rights at the polls
- In Pennsylvania: Go Erie: Op-Ed: We must protect abortion access in Pennsylvania
- In Virginia: Virginia Mercury: Commentary: If (when?) Virginia imposes new abortion restrictions, those with the least will suffer the most
- In Wisconsin: The Cap Times: Editorial | Tony Evers has come out fighting for abortion rights
- In Wisconsin: The Cap Times: Opinion | To ensure abortion care, get rid of Ron Johnson
In Ohio this week, President Biden announced a new American Rescue Plan rule that will help protect millions of Americans’ pensions who could otherwise have seen substantial cuts to their benefits. On Thursday morning, Ohioans woke up to local headlines about how Democrats are working to save their pensions while every single GOP lawmaker voted against the American Rescue Plan, putting their retirement benefits at risk.
- The Plain Dealer: Joe Biden In Cleveland Visit Touts Pension Fix While Knocking GOP Lawmakers On Economy
- Spectrum News 1: In Ohio, Biden Says Updated Program Will Stop Pension Cuts For Millions Of Workers
- WOSU: President Joe Biden highlights rescue plan for union pensions in Cleveland
Also this week, the Biden-Harris administration announced nearly $1 billion in Bipartisan Infrastructure Law funding, which will improve airport terminals across the country and help Americans get where they’re going faster, easier, and with less emissions.
- In Arizona: Daily Independent: $14M coming to Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport from infrastructure law
- In California: ABC 7: LAX awarded $50 million grant under Biden infrastructure plan
- In Florida: Herald Tribune: Sarasota Bradenton airport getting $10 million in federal funds
- In Georgia: 11 Alive: Atlanta’s airport receiving multi-million dollar federal grant for upgrades
- In Illinois: Heart of Illinois: Peoria airport receiving $15M grant for new air traffic control tower
- In Iowa: Iowa News Now: Infrastructure Law: Five Iowa airports to share $27 million in grants
- In Maine: Mainebiz: Bangor airport to receive $14M for expansion, renovation
- In Massachusetts: WCVB: $50M in federal funds slated for Logan improvements
- In Michigan: WILX 10: Gerald R. Ford International Airport receives $8.5M for updates
- In Montana: Missoula Current: Infrastructure and Jobs Act lands $11M for second phase of Missoula terminal project
- In New Hampshire: WMUR: Manchester-Boston Regional Airport receives $4.1 million in funding to improve terminals
- In New Mexico: KRQE: Albuquerque Sunport awarded millions in federal funding
- In Ohio: Daily Journal: FAA grant to help GTRA with $11.3M terminal expansion
- In Oregon: The Corvallis Advocate: More than $18.4 Million to Portland International Airport for Improvements That Will Lower Emissions
- In Texas: KXAN: Austin airport to get $15 million from Biden’s infrastructure law for expansion
- In Virginia: Washington Post: Plan for 14-gate Dulles concourse gets boost from infrastructure law
The post IN THE STATES: Dems, Doctors Call Out GOP’s Dangerous Anti-Choice Agenda appeared first on Democrats.