Today, the Biden-Harris administration announced more than $360 million to bolster rail infrastructure and supply chains, driving local headlines about the major investments that President Biden is making to get people and goods moving again. Strengthening our supply chains and getting goods on shelves more quickly is one of many ways that President Biden is working to lower costs.
Here are some local headlines from across the country on how President Biden is investing in rail and strengthening our supply chains:
- In Alabama: Biden Administration announces $5 million to improve railroads in Alabama
- In California: San Jose Inside: Feds Give More than $8M to San José for Rail Crossing Safety
- In Connecticut: WFSB: $13.9 million from Biden Administration aims to improve rail structure in CT
- In DC: Washington Post: $8 million federal grant to boost Amtrak workforce amid worker shortage
- In Florida: Florida Phoenix: Passenger and freight rail projects in 32 states, including FL, get millions from U.S. DOT
- In Kentucky: WNKY: Biden administration announces $7.4M to improve Kentucky rail infrastructure, supply chain
- In Ohio: WBNS: Biden administration announces $13M initiative to improve Ohio rail infrastructure, strengthen supply chain
- In Maryland: The Daily Record: Port of Baltimore gets $15.6M to improve rail infrastructure
- In Massachusetts: WWLP: Massachusetts $1.8M rail infrastructure award applies to Springfield area
- In Michigan: The Detroit News: Buttigieg in Michigan to announce $368M in rail infrastructure, safety grants
- In North Carolina: Spectrum News: Raleigh-to-Richmond rail line gets a $58 million boost from the feds
- In Pennsylvania: WHTM: Gettysburg & Northern Railroad Co. receives $1.8M infrastructure funding
- In Washington: Fox 13: Sen. Cantwell announces $13.8M for light rail improvements, landslide protections
The post LOCAL NEWS: Biden Bolsters Local Rail Supply Chains appeared first on Democrats.