Just days after a gunman murdered 21 people in Texas, Republicans across the country are making clear that when it comes to our children or the gun lobby, they’ll pick the gun lobby every time. Whether it’s Donald Trump and Republican leaders speaking at an NRA meeting this weekend in the wake of the shooting or GOP members of Congress taking millions from the NRA and blocking life-saving gun safety measures, the Republican party has made clear where they stand.
Here are some local headlines from across the country on the GOP siding with the gun lobby over children:
- In Arizona: Opinion: How many kids must die before the Arizona Legislature takes up gun reform?
- In Florida: Florida Phoenix: FL Dems want measures to prevent ‘horrific, soul-shattering’ mass shootings; What about the GOP?
- In Kentucky: Lexington Herald Leader: The NRA has paid $153,813 to support Kentucky congressmen since 2016. Who got what?
- In Michigan: Fox17: One day after Uvalde shooting, Michigan GOP Senators reject vote on safe gun storage
- In Missouri: KCUR: How much has the NRA spent on Missouri and Kansas members of Congress?
- In New Hampshire: NHPR: Amid renewed calls for reform, N.H. Republicans are seeking to block local enforcement of federal gun laws
- In North Carolina: MyFox8: NC Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson to speak at NRA convention in Texas days after deadly school shooting
- In Pennsylvania: WHYY: Pa. House votes against taking up gun bill after Texas school shooting
- In South Dakota: KELO: Noem speaking at NRA annual meeting Friday
- In Texas: Houston Chronicle: Trump, Cruz, Abbott still set to speak at NRA meeting in Houston days after Uvalde mass shooting
- In Texas: Texas Tribune: Hours after Uvalde school shooting, Gov. Greg Abbott attended a fundraiser 300 miles away
- In Texas: Texas Tribune: Confronted with mass shootings, Texas Republicans have repeatedly loosened gun laws
- In Virginia: WTVR: Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears scheduled to speak at NRA convention in Texas
The post LOCAL NEWS: Republicans Side with NRA, Gun Lobby Over Children appeared first on Democrats.