Mitch McConnell became the latest Republican to confirm what legal experts across the spectrum have said — Ketanji Brown Jackson is immensely qualified to serve as the next Supreme Court justice.
Take it from Mitch McConnell – there is “no question” Judge Jackson is qualified for the Supreme Court.
Burgess Everett: “”She’s clearly a sharp lawyer with an impressive resume,” McConnell said today. Yesterday McConnell said “no question” she’s qualified.”
Washington Examiner: McConnell: ‘No question’ Ketanji Brown Jackson qualified for Supreme Court
- “Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell heaped praise on Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson following a meeting with the Supreme Court nominee Wednesday.”
- “The Kentucky Republican said there was ‘no question’ that she was a very qualified and intelligent pick for the Supreme Court.”
Conservative legal experts and the Fraternal Order of Police have also endorsed Judge Jackson’s nomination, citing her immense qualifications.
CNN: EXCLUSIVE: Prominent conservative judge who advised Pence on the 2020 election endorses Biden’s Supreme Court nominee
- “In his statement of support for Jackson, Luttig called for bipartisan support, writing that, ‘Republicans and Democrats alike should give their studied advice — and then their consent — to the President’s nomination of Judge Jackson.’”
- “Luttig also expressed his support for Biden’s campaign promise that he would nominate the court’s first Black woman, saying that Republicans had been wrong to criticize the pledge.”
- “The endorsement of a Biden nominee by a highly respected retired judge, who has spent much of his career entrenched in conservative judicial philosophy, may well dilute some of the far right’s criticism of Jackson.”
Axios: First look: Jackson gets heavyweight Republican backer
- “Judge Thomas R. Griffith, a retired Bush appointee to the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, endorsed Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s nomination to the Supreme Court in a letter written to the leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Axios has learned.”
- “Griffith wrote: ‘Judge Jackson has a demonstrated record of excellence, and I believe, based upon her work as a trial judge when I served on the Court of Appeals, that she will adjudicate based on the facts and the law and not as a partisan.’”
National Fraternal Order of Police: FOP National President Patrick Yoes Statement on Nomination of Ketanji Brown Jackson to SCOTUS
- “Judge Jackson comes from a law enforcement family, with two uncles who were career law enforcement officers: one was a Miami-Dade County sex crimes detective, and the other rose through the ranks of the City of Miami Police Department to become the Chief of Police. Her brother served as an undercover officer in a drug-sting unit in Baltimore after graduating from college, so she should know quite well the difficulties and dangers our officers face in the line of duty every single day.”
- “From our analysis of Judge Jackson’s record and some of her cases, we believe she has considered the facts and applied the law consistently and fairly on a range of issues. There is little doubt that she has the temperament, intellect, legal experience, and family background to have earned this appointment. We are reassured that, should she be confirmed, she would approach her future cases with an open mind and treat issues related to law enforcement fairly and justly.”
The post Mitch McConnell, Conservative Legal Experts Agree Judge Jackson is Qualified for Supreme Court appeared first on Democrats.