In an unsurprising turn of events, we already have to update this press release from just two days ago. The latest addition to our hypocrite watch is none other than NRSC chair Rick Scott, who touted unprecedented funding for Everglades restoration from legislation that he opposed and called “reckless spending.”
- MSNBC: “Rick Scott touts Everglades investments from bill he opposed”
- HuffPost: “Florida Sen. Rick Scott Touts Infrastructure Funding He Voted Against”
Republicans are desperate to cover up their vote against President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. But don’t worry, we’ll continue to call them out for their gross hypocrisy.
- NBC News: “Republicans tout parts of infrastructure package after voting against the bill”
- Yahoo Finance: “Republicans blasted for taking credit for infrastructure spending after voting ‘no’”
———- Forwarded message ———
From: DNC War Room <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 11:37 AM
Subject: Republicans Vote No, And Take the Dough (Infrastructure Version)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 26, 2022
Republicans Vote No, And Take the Dough (Infrastructure Version)
It’s a tale as old as time — Republican lawmakers fight against popular legislation that helps the American people, and then try to take credit for it. Last week was no different as Republicans who voted against President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law tried to take credit for funding in their districts. And who can blame them? It’s hard to explain to their constituents why they voted against critical funding for new roads, better bridges, and hundreds of thousands of jobs across the country.
While Republicans are desperate to take credit for President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, they can count on getting called out and held accountable. Here are just a couple examples of what people are reading:
- ABC News: “House Republicans tout infrastructure funding they voted against”
- Los Angeles Times: “Republicans who voted against Biden’s infrastructure bill are touting its projects anyway”
- Washington Post: “Iowa, Texas Republicans hail benefits from Biden infrastructure bill they opposed”
- MSNBC: “Republicans want credit for infrastructure bill they voted against”
- The Advocate: “Infrastructure money released and praised by congress people who didn’t vote for the bill”
- Iowa Starting Line: “Hinson Takes Credit for Infrastructure Funds She Labeled as ‘Socialist,’ Voted Against”
- Duluth News Tribune: “Stauber touts airport grants funded by infrastructure bill he voted against”
The post Republicans Vote No, And Take the Dough (Infrastructure Version) Part 2 appeared first on Democrats.