LOCAL NEWS: Biden Touts Manufacturing Boom in Michigan
Yesterday, President Biden visited Bay City, Michigan, to tout the American manufacturing jobs boom thanks in large part to the Biden-Harris administration’s Made in America agenda.
Under President Biden and Democrats’ CHIPS and Science Act, which a majority of House and Senate Republicans voted against, the United States is investing $52 billion for computer chips and public wireless supply chain innovation, developing and expanding chip manufacturing efforts in the U.S, as well as additional funding for further research and development.
Here’s a look at what Michiganders are reading this morning about how President Biden and Democrats are making “Made in America” a reality:
- Detroit Free Press: Biden in Michigan: People should feel pride, optimism about changing economy
- The Detroit News: Biden in Michigan: US won’t be ‘held hostage’ in chips supply
- Michigan Radio: President Biden proclaims Michigan plant a “game changer”
- Michigan Advance: Biden calls CHIPS Act a ‘game-changer’ during Bay County semiconductor plant tour
- MLive: During Michigan visit, Biden touts Bay County’s SK Siltron as economic ‘bright spot’
- Huron Daily Tribune: President Joe Biden in Michigan, visits computer chip plant in Bay City
- WSGW: President Biden Visits New Tech Factory in Bay City
The post LOCAL NEWS: Biden Touts Manufacturing Boom in Michigan appeared first on Democrats.